Date Last Revised: January 1, 2020
- For anonymous users of the website, we do not collect any personal information.
- For those users who wish to register on our website, we collect the following personal information: your email address, your chosen "display name" which does not need to be your real name, and your travel expenses that are voluntarily entered by you at your discretion. We do not share any personal information unless you choose to share it yourself.
- For those users who wish to subscribe to our email newsletter - your email address and your name (if provided) will be shared with an email marketing company used for the distribution of email newsletters.
- We track users anonymously with Google Analytics, which tracks clicks and behavior without using personal information.
- We use advertising platforms that sometimes track users anonymously with cookies, but don't collect personal information.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
As stated above, we do not sell the personal information of our users.
Some of the third party advertising companies that we work with may or may not use personalized information to display advertisments on this website.
localhost is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and security of any personal information about our users. This Privacy & Security Policy explains how we protect personal information provided through our website localhost (the "Site") and how we use that information in connection with our service offered through the Site (the "Service"). "Personal information" for purposes of this Policy means information that identifies you, such as your name or email address.
- Your Privacy is not for sale
Simply put, we do not and will not share or sell or rent your personal information to anyone, for any reason, at any time. localhost uses and discloses your personal information only as follows:
This is a free content site. We do not require any information from you (not even a user name or password). We do not sell any information from our site to any outside party. The only e-mail sent from our websites is in response to an inquiry that you may send us or as a result of joining our double opt-in e-mail list. If anything comes to your attention which could potentially be a violation of this policy, please let us know immediately so that we can investigate it and try to correct it.
- to analyze site usage and improve the Service;
- as otherwise set forth in this Privacy and Security Policy.
- We limit the collection and use of personal information
Certain areas and features of localhost are available to you without registration or the need to provide to us any information.localhost may make anonymous or aggregate personal information and disclose such data only in a non-personally identifiable manner to:
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads and collect information when users visit our site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements on our site, other websites and other forms of media about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, check out http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
- Advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes, such as the number of users who visited a particular region or how many users clicked on a particular localhost Offer;
- Organizations approved by localhost that conduct research into consumer spending; and
- Users of the Service for purposes of comparison of their spending relative to the broader community and an estimate of expected spending in an area.
- Such information does not identify you individually. Access to your Registration Information, Account Information and any other personal information you provide is strictly restricted
- Changes to your Registration Information
If your Registration Information changes during your subscription to localhost, you may update it any time via the Service.
- Online session information and use is only used to improve your experience
When you visit localhost, we may collect technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on our Site. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve our Web design and functionality.
- Disclosure of your information to protect our rights or if required by law
Notwithstanding the foregoing, localhost reserves the right (and you authorize localhost) to share or disclose your personal information when localhost determines, in its sole discretion, that the disclosure of such information is necessary or appropriate:
- To prevent prohibited or illegal activities; or
- When required by any applicable law, rule regulation, subpoena or other legal process.
- Your data may be transferred upon change of control but only in accordance with this Policy
Personal information may be transferred to a third party as a result of a sale, acquisition, merger, reorganization or other change of control. If we sell, merge or transfer any part of our business, part of the sale may include your personal information.
- You can transport or delete your data
Your data is yours. You can remove it anytime you want. When you request us to delete your account for the Service, your data will be permanently expunged from our primary production servers and further access to your account will not be possible. We will also promptly disconnect any connection we had established to your Account Information and delete all account credentials. However, portions of your data, consisting of aggregate data derived from your Account Information, may remain on our production servers indefinitely. We also reserve the right to use any aggregated or anonymous data derived from or incorporating your personal information.
- Log Files
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Shaw Cable), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
- Cookies and Web Beacons
- Right to be forgotten
Any user may contact us to have their personal data deleted at any time.
- About Google and the DoubleClick DART cookie:
For European Economic Area ResidentsIf you reside in a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), then under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws you have the rights, among other things, to access your personal data, have us erase it, and/or restrict its further processing. If you wish to access or delete your personal data (if any) maintained by us or AdThrive related to advertising on the Site, you can contact us by clicking here and contact AdThrive at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to see a list of the advertising partners we work with or change which of those partners track your behavior using cookies, click the ad preferences link at the bottom of the site. (Available in the EU.)